- Arrange to have an official transcript of your high school, college or vo-tech work sent to YOU.
Do not send this to the Foundation
- Arrange to get the needed letter(s) of recommendation. Have these returned to YOU. Do NOT have your references sent directly to the Foundation. NOTE: First time applicants need three letters; second and subsequent applicants only need one. Your choice of an evaluator is an important one. Encourage them to give additional comments and insight, which is very helpful in the selection process.
As you prepare the application form, be certain to:
- Type if at all possible.
- Proof-read for correct punctuation, spelling and grammar.
- Check the addresses of your references. Are they current?
- Check your financial statements.
Does total funds available estimate approximately equal the total expense estimate?
- Attach your personal essay.
When assembling your packet in a single manila envelope, be certain to include:
- Your application
- Your official transcript (s)
- Your recommendation (s)
NOTE: Please do not include extra materials other than those specified by the Foundation
Mail your packet to:
Lloyd D. Sweet Educational Foundation
P.O. Box 638
Chinook, MT 59523
It is not required, but recommended that you send your application packet by certified mail with a return receipt requested. Be certain that your packet is post marked no later than March 1, 2020.